Districts are the defacto front-end of government where most Government-to-Consumer
or G2C interaction takes place. To improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies
of the various Departments at the district-level, e-District project was envisaged
to enable providing of integrated and seamless delivery of citizen services by district
administration through automation of workflow, backend computerization and data
digitization across participating departments.
e-District MMP was conceptualized & approved in year 2011 with an intention to:
Create an enabling environment for development of applications to deliver high volume, citizen centric services at district & sub-district levels leveraging core e-infrastructure of SWAN, SDC, SSDG, CSCs .
Front-ends under the scheme, in the form of citizen facilitation centers, are envisioned to be built at District-, Tehsil-, Sub-division- and Block- levels. Village-level front-ends would be established through Common Services Centres (CSCs) for delivery of services.
Key objectives of eDistrict MMP are:
• Efficient delivery of services with improved Service Levels.
• Capacity Building of field functionaries.
• Access to efficient, reliable, transparent and accountable Services .
• Reducing service time & costs for the Government and Citizens.
• Enhancing perception & image of the Government.