- Co-ordination of UT Administration initiatives in the Information Technology sector.
- Formulation and implementation of procurement policies for Information Technology related investments in the Administration of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep and sub-ordinate organizations.
- Establishing of Centres of Excellence in Education/ Training including School for Information Technology
- Implementation of pilot projects in Information Technology, which are relevant to public.
- Standardization and accreditation of Information Technology training institutions.
- To conceive and implement strategies for human resources development essential for IT industries
- To provide advisory support to the Administration of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep in carrying out its activities in a way conducive for IT promotion.
- To make Lakshadweep Islands an e-literate territory
- To setup e-Governance infrastructure in Administration offices to provide all the services offered in the offices electronically for better governance.
- Development of Information Technology infrastructure, including Union Territory Information Infrastructure
- Standardization and accreditation of Information Technology training institutions
- Formulation of specific projects, which are beneficial to the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, to be posed before Government of India, multi lateral funding agencies and the like.
- To act as technical wing of the Administration of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep on request , by undertaking projects of Union Territory Administration involving technical aptitude
- To undertake Research & Development in software to access the acquisition, maintenance and use of technological aids to administration including reprographic equipments and use of remote sensing data and communications.